Sunday, November 15, 2009

A WALK TO REMEMBER (2002)


A WALK TO REMEMBER is a little bit of an older movie (it came out in 2002). But it is one of my all-time favorites.

The movie stars Mandy Moore, Shane West, and Peter Coyote. It's about a rebellious teen who, when a prank goes terribly wrong, is forced to participate in community service activities. Through his service, he spends a lot of time with people that are nothing like his group of friends. He ends up getting involved with a girl who has a very strong faith and a devastating secret.

A WALK TO REMEMBER is a story of faith and courage. It shows a boy who is lost in life, and a girl who is very different from him. I can't really go into detail without giving the whole movie away. (Click here if you want to read a more detailed, spoiler-filled summary.) But it's a sad and inspirational story about teens who have to deal with a very difficult situation.

Many could argue that it's depressing and cheesy, and if you don't like love stories, it's probably not the movie for you. But if you're in the mood for a good cry, A WALK TO REMEMBER is definitely the way to go.

My Grade: A

1 comment:

  1. You know what I thought about the entire time I watched that movie? How dorky Mandy Moore's hair looked. (I know. I'm shallow. I know.)

    ReplyDelete